March 13, 2013

what's up spring 2013!!

It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new BLOOOGGGGG POST!!! I KNOW WHA-woah still in caps there- I know what you're thinking: "Is this a dream?" And the answer is probably. Life could be one big dream and we don't even know it. We could merely be character's in somebody's dream. Freaky. I hope I'm in Nicki Minaj's. But seriously, it's been awhile since I've been on this thing and the can be blamed ENITRELY on the miserable winter weather discouraging me to do anything, ever. I like to think I connect with bears on a spiritual level in the winter, as we both have similar hibernation routines.
me with a stylish face mask and my bear friend
SOOO after a three month hiatus and since I am very very excited about the beginning of spring, I am back on the blogging train. I wish I could say the decision happened dramatically; as the sun arose from the shadows, warming the earth with its rays and enlightening me as I shot up out from my bed full of blog-spiration, but we all know I was watching Step Up crying over a tub of Almond Dream (it truly is a dreEeEeam) at 1am when I decided to accept spring as my savior.

If you are like me and crawl under the covers for months at a time the moment a snowflake falls and it is NOT Christmas, then you are in need of fresh spring awakening and I don't mean the musical because that would be weird! For me this means a fresh new wardrobe, because you can't stay in your pajamas forever (unfortunately); beauty supplies to make yourself look and feel slightly less like a gremlin and more like a human being; and an overall fresh outlook on life and I definitely didn't use that semi colon correctly. So here are some key styles for spring and also some products I've indulged in and am thoroughly enjoying for the upcoming season.

SPRING ESSENTIALS:

1. nail polish
To me, there's nothing more satisfying than a fresh coat of nail polish. I'm really into pastels this season, as you'll see, and I'm jumping into spring wearing American Apparel's Nail Lacquer in "Summer Peach". Remind me to never be a hand model.

2. makeup

 I've been on the look out for the perfect nude and pale pink lipstick for a while now, and it's safe to say the journey ended when I stumbled across Mac's "Saint Germain" amplified pale pink lipstick and their matte "Honey Love". The "Saint Germain" is a perfect pastel pink creme lipstick that makes me feel like a real-life Barbie without the unrealistic body proportions that would eventually lead to my inevitable demise from chronic diarrhea and malnutrition...just saying. They are both long lasting and super blend-able, so if you're in the market for new lip colors for spring, I highly recommend these puppies.

3. for the home
It's time to store away those old holiday candles and light up your living space with the aroma of fresh cut lavender, or vanilla, or whatever scent you relate to spring! I recently went out on a candle shopping spree and one that I found ever so delightful was the the three-wick "Garden Bouquet" from Bath & Body Works. It reminds me of my childhood running through the tall grass and honey suckle in my uncle's back field during the summertime. I'm pretty sure that happened, anyways.

4. wardrobe
Here are a couple key staples I keep in my spring wardrobe. It was hard for me to transition from baggy sweaters and sweatpants to skinny jeans and light weight tops, so these outfits are slightly toned down and honestly pretty basic but nevertheless are suitable and great for spring!


 I found a breezy chiffon blouse in my favorite color for spring which is this sea-foamy-minty-green. It looks great paired with fun patterned pants which I've been seeing a lot of lately. I'm wearing my Zara floral patterned jeans that I bought last year and absolutely love with all of my being. It's like a garden in my pants! In a non-weird way.


Pastel pants are huge. Not literally. I mean like they are super popular right now. For spring. Okay. They look great paired with a statement top or blouse or whatever you feel like wearing it with because they are honestly so neutral and wonderful and really who am I to dictate your style choices?? Just please change what you're wearing right now, though. I'm wearing pale-yellow skinny fit pants from *whispers* Urban Planet, with my tropical tank from Forever 21 and my rose gold chain link necklace.

I didn't realize until the sun peaked around the corner to say hello, how much the winter affected my mood and lifestyle habits. So this spring I'm determined to be a happy, more creative/productive human being! There are so many things to be excited about this year and I'm excited (again) to share it with the 2.5 people who read this blog! In keeping with being social media savvy, feel free to follow me on --> Twitter <---and ---> Instagram <--- if you want to know what I'm currently thinking/looking at*.


* (spoiler: it's mostly food and Harry Styles)

2 comments: