September 14, 2012

NYFW: gold, lace, betsey johnson, oh my!

THE BEST: VERA WANG SS 2013
Vera Wang does no wrong with her spring/summer collection contrived of royal deep greens, blues, gold, and black with accents of delicate lace fit for a queen. This was definitely one of my favorite collections this year so far. Vera Wang never disappoints.

THE... UM... CRAZI...EST: BETSEY JOHNSON SS 2013
Don't get me wrong, I love Betsey Johnson, and maybe it was just too early in the morning when I was working on this, but well...okay just look.





Can we also take a moment to acknowledge the models expressions in these photos? They're all, "STARE AWAY, PEASANTS!" And I'm just like, "Honey, you're wearing a raccoon." I feel like this is a dream, or I'm in the scene in Lizzie McGuire when she's trying on all those outfits to wear to the concert where she's impersonating a famous Italian singer, who is also played by Hilary Duff, but just with brown hair and an Academy Award winning Italian accent.

Aside from all of that though, I did find some pieces of her collection to be absolutely fabulous (that kind of reminded me of the Spice Girls) so I'm kind of contradicting myself here but IT'S MY LIFE.
SPORTY SPICE: Please take note of the shark-boobage.
GINGER SPICE: Austin Powers inspired? I don't care I love it.
SCARY SPICE: Skulls complete with finger-less gloves to create full-throttle badass-ery (I just said that sentence)
BABY SPICE: I'm getting a cavity just looking at how adorable and sweet this outfit is. Frills!!!!!
Sorry, Posh, your little Gucci dress, or your little Gucci dress, nor your little Gucci dress didn't make the cut this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment